Blueberry Muffins with fresh blueberries from Buchan’s Blueberry Hill and a touch of lemon.
From Tricia Phelps, TLD Project Coordinator
Preheat Oven to 375 degrees
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- ½ cup of melted butter (Shetler Family Dairy)
- 2 large eggs (Old Hundredth Farm)
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups of fresh (or thawed) blueberries (Buchan’s Blueberry Hill)
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a medium sized bowl. Add the sugar to the bowl and stir with a spoon.
- Place the eggs, cooled melted butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, yogurt, and vanilla into a large bowl and whisk together.
- Fold the flour and blueberries into the wet mixture. Don’t over-stir the batter.
- Divide the batter into the 12 cup cake liners.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Use a toothpick to test if the muffins are ready. If it comes out clean, the muffins are done.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the pan, before placing them on a wire rack.